We made it to Road America!

We made it to Road America! But ended up having quit early with en engine issue. We had fun, but with we finished the race. We also had technical issues with the new streaming software so we could not live stream the race. But we did record it on our go-pro. That will be uploaded at a later date!

In the 11th hour before we packed the car into the trailer we could not get our FiTech to run for over 3 minutes. We called the tech support and they said we had to run a factory distributor. My follow up was if that isn’t the problem, what would be our next course of action because they closed in 5 minutes. He confidently said, that will fix it and said good bye. We did that, and it didn’t fix the issue. We had to go to a backup carburetor. NOT PLEASED WITH FITECH right now…
[​IMG]

Had to get our company and game logo’s on the car!
[​IMG]

Loaded onto the trailer late on Wednesday night.
[​IMG]

Dan taking the car down to inspection.
[​IMG]

I didn’t know the clutch didn’t have a stop. I bent the fork right out of it on my second lap of practice.
[​IMG]

Raceday, the first 90 minutes were awesome, then we started to run out of gas. We filled it up and we should have had 4 gallons still in the tank. So we have a pickup issue. The 2nd driver only got to drive for about 30 more minutes before the car started to run really bad. We pulled it behind pit wall and found out plug #2 was in bad shape.
[​IMG]

To our surprise, piston 2 looked fine. So we kept digging.
[​IMG]

We drained the fluids and they looked ok, but on the top of the engine it looked a bit off. But once we pulled off the other head we found our blow by issue.
[​IMG]

Piston #5 is missing a little bit off the top…
[​IMG]

We’ll be back on the track soon!

Leave a reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>